Choosing the right music.
Choosing the right music for your wedding is uber important and here is why. Whether we are aware of it or not, we are influenced by music constantly throughout the day. On the commute to work, kept on hold on the phone and even in the supermarket! The songs that we hear, even if we are not actively listening to them can have a huge effect on our moods. Think about how good you feel when your favourite dancefloor tune comes on the radio and you are instantly reminded of the last time you heard it. Our memories are triggered by an emotional response. So, while we feel like we are remembering the event, we are actually remembering how we felt at the time it happened. Pretty cool, right!
Your wedding day, the day you have planned meticulously for the past few months and maybe even years, will be one of the biggest, most emotive days of your life.
You are going to want to have the soundtrack of a lifetime playing along to this. Choosing the right music for your wedding is so important.
For your wedding, here are some tips from us @ Empire Productions. Helping you to choose the right music.
- Plan the style of music you will have at each stage of the day. You can ask the musicians you have booked to help you out with this.
- You don’t have to keep with tradition.
- When choosing the song, you will walk down the isle to, don’t forget to choose the song you will walk out to also. It’s just as important and it will be the first walk you take as a married couple
- Choose music that reflects your personality
- Ask for song suggestions but don’t be afraid to ignore them either.
- Start by making a list of all the songs you absolutely want included and go from there.
- If you come across a new song that suits you and your partner perfectly, don’t be afraid to make last minute additions or edits.
- Choose a band based on the quality of the musicians and not necessarily the cost. There is a good reason some bands are more expensive then others.
- Book a professional Dj. Don’t underestimate the value the Dj will bring to your after party.
- Go and see your preferred band live. Remember though, live venues have sound and space restrictions. You will only get a % of the performance you can expect at your wedding.